Re: RES: [squid-users] filtering new IE exploit

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 23:10:40 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Antony Stone wrote:

> > Really hope M$ patches it quickly.
>
> Hm, where have I heard that before....?

Well, it only took them 2 years to officially patch then authentication in
IE6 without breaking other aspects of authentication, but it only
rendereded the browser not very useful to users behind proxies requiring
authentication and was not a security issue and thus was not given very
much attention outside the proxy communities.

Bugs like this new one are likely to get widespread attention, and thus
more people with support contracts demanding a fix. If you have a support
contract and like to see a bug fixed better make use of your support
contract than sit silent. The more support requests there is for a bug the
higher is the likelyhood that the provider gives the issue priority.

If you do not have a support contract then I am afraid you have to accept
what you get, or look for an alternative where the support options suit
you better.