Re: [squid-users] forwarded_for

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 10:01:37 -0700 (MST)

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Emilio Casbas wrote:

> Hi,
> In one jerarquia of 3 levels of proxy-cache, we have configured so that
> the first level shows ips of the clients (forwarded on) and works well,
> and in proxis-cache of third-level of exit (forwarded off), but here is
> where it does not work and shows the following thing:

> where x.x.x.x is ips of our clients.
>
> instead of:

Here is how X-Forwarded-For works:

Each proxy in the hierarchy is going to append something to the
X-Forwarded-For header. If 'forwarded_for' is on, then Squid appends
the client's IP address. If it is off, then Squid appends the
string 'unknown'.

In other words, Squid does not remove or replace X-Forwarded-For entries,
it only adds to them. If you want to remove the header completely,
use the 'header_access' and 'header_replace' directives.

Duane W.