Re: [squid-users] Proxy server restart without reason

From: Linuxero Tux <linuxzero7@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 14:45:36 -0600

> > Every 3 weeks, more or less, the server crashes and even the console
>doesn't
> > respond. I have no choice but to reboot it manually.
>
>This is either a hardware or kernel problem, almost certainly not a Squid
>problem.

I hadn't thought it. Maybe you're right, because I never did hardware tests.

>I would recommend testing the server hardware using memtest86 and other
>similar hardware test tools, and make sure the system kernel is up to
>date with the latest bug fixes from your OS vendor.

Besides memtest86, what other hardware test tools do you recommend for CPU,
hard disks, network interfaces, etc.?

I'm using Suse Linux 7.2. Do I need to update it or there are any patch for
the kernel?

>Regards
>Henrik

Thanks a lot Henrik!

MSN Fotos: la forma más fácil de compartir e imprimir fotos.
http://photos.msn.es/support/worldwide.aspx