Re: [squid-users] Re: Getting squid 2.4.stable3 working with https://

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 09:25:14 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 16 Dec 2003, Rainer Hantsch wrote:

> Because I am an absolute newbe to squid, I feel totally overtaxed with this 48
> pages long configuration file squid.conf.

Then run this

  grep "^[a-z]" squid.conf >squid.conf.new
  mv squid.conf.new squid.conf

and then see the QUICKSTART on what you must configure and use
squid.conf.default as a reference manual if you wonder about syntax &
meaning.

If you have made any changes to the http_access directives then please see
the suggested defaults in squid.conf.default and make sure yours does not
conflict with these.

To get a better understanding of the access controls, please read Squid
FAQ chapter 10 Access Controls. It explains the concepts involved and how
they fit together far better than the comments in squid.conf.default.

> Could you - please - leave me a modified one by eMail so that I can compare it
> with the old one line by line?

The configurations needed beyond what the QUICKSTART mentions is pretty
much site specific.