Re: [squid-users] Squid and Mac Address

From: Muthukumar <kmuthu_gct@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 21:14:12 +0530

I'm just trying to authenticate with the MAC address.
So I only want specific machines to access the Internet.

For your assumption of ,
Squid can only determine the MAC address for clients that are on the same
subnet.
If the client is on a different subnet, then Squid cannot find out its MAC
address.

Is true.
The machine address within the subnet only used on the Squid.
If u want to control the machines within the subnet use the individual ARP
acl for that.

Regards,
Muthukumar.