[squid-users] Re: SSL gateway using chained certs?

From: Jan Legenhausen <jleg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 10:09:05 +0100

--On Dienstag, 16. Dezember 2003 15:30 -0800 Paul <paul@oz.net> wrote:

> Can squid (squid-2.5.STABLE1-2 running under RH9 Linux) be
> configured to handled *chained* SSL certificates (e.g. from
> FreeSSL.com) for SSL to HTTP gatewaying? Before I purchase
> chained cert (much cheaper than usual certs), I'd like to hear
> from anyone who has direct experience.

Yes, this works with the patch from this place:
<http://devel.squid-cache.org/old_projects.html#ssl>

We are running 2.5STABLE2 in productive environment with this (using Comodo
Certs).
You not even have to use the new squid.conf-options then, simply putting
the certs into one file did the job...

regards, Jan