RE: [squid-users] Problems accessing certain page trough Squid

From: Stefaan Van Dooren <stefaan@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 11:07:17 +0100

Stefaan Van Dooren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> New to this list. I've been using "Squid 2.3 STABLE 5 for Windows NT
> 4.0 & Windows 2000 " for some time now and am very pleased with it.
> Now one of the users (btw, no user can access it) tries to connect to
> this site "http://www.interact-distribution.be" and gets the
> following error : While trying to retrieve the URL:
> http://www.interact-distribution.be/BDFPView.asp?
>
> The following error was encountered:
>
> Connection Failed
> The system returned:
>
> (10060) WSAETIMEDOUT, Connection timed out.The remote host or
> network may be down. Please try the request again.
>

> I upgraded to "Squid 2.5 STABLE 4 for Windows NT 4.0 & Windows
> 2000/XP/2003" (http://www.acmeconsulting.it/SquidNT/) but still have
> the same problem. Stopping Squid and activating another Proxy
> (Privoxy) seems to solve the problem, also bypassing the proxy solves
> the problem. (I don't want to use either of these solutions).
>
> Where do I start looking ?
>
> Stefaan Van Dooren .--.
> Technical Support |o_o |
> Kompas Automatisering |:_/ |
> // \ \
> Tel : +32 3 2350084 (| | )
> Fax : +32 3 2359792 /'\_ _/`\
> Email : stefaan@kompas.be \___)=(___/

Just installed a new SquidBox (well box was there, just installed Squid on
it).
OS : SCO OpenServer 5.0.6, Squid 2.5.STABLE4, compiled from source.

The user who needs to access this site, is now using this box as his proxy.
Now I like to switch all users to this box, but normally they have to
authenticate themself with their W2K AD password (access restricted during
certain hours).
Question, how do I let the new squidserver, check the password against my
W2K AD ?

Stefaan Van Dooren .--.
Technical Support |o_o |
Kompas Automatisering |:_/ |