Re: [squid-users] # of redirector children before system overload ??

From: Duane Wessels <wessels@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 12:00:18 -0700 (MST)

> I am just wondering how many redirector children I should specify for a
> system that is potentially supporting 5,000+ users.

It will depend on the particular redirector program and other
factors.

Just pick a number that you think is more than large enough (say
30) and then watch Squid for a while. Use the cache manager
"redirector" page. If you see that the higher-numbered redirectors
never get any requests then you can reduce the number.

Duane W.