Re: RE: [squid-users] Squid & ntlm & Samba 3

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 21:04:21 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Duane Wessels wrote:

> What did you put for 'auth_param ntlm program' in squid.conf?
>
> I think you need to specify an NT domain and controller on the command line.

not when using winbind. The domain part is managed by Samba.

But you need to specify the correct protocol argument to Samba ntlm_auth,
if not it assumes it is used for one-shot authenticatication.. the
complaint about missing username just indicates the command line options
are not correct, not that the helper really wants a user name.