[squid-users] Load balancing multiple Squid servers

From: Cavanagh, Kevin B <KCavanagh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 16:12:32 -0700

Hi there,

Please forgive me if this question has been asked/answered before (I
searched the FAQs but quickly became too confused by all the various
postings regarding load balancing, etc).

We currently have six RedHat Linux V8.0 servers running Squid V2.5
Stable in the following parent/child proxy chain:

User U Iprism URL filters Squid caching (child) HTTP Anti-virus
(parent) Internet

We have six of each - with each currently having a one-to-one
relationship (ie. IPRISM1P SQUID1 AV1 INET, etc). We would like
to create a load-balanced situation here if at all possible.

Could someone be kind enough to point us in the right direction???

TIA!

Kevin Cavanagh