Re: [squid-users] RE: FTP read /write access

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 20:26:45 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003, Northweb Squid wrote:

> How can I enable read and write access for ftp via proxy.

By using a client supporting FTP file uploads via HTTP proxies. So far
only Netscape 4.x is known to support this.

> I want to connect to an ftp site, the remote ftp site is set up for read and
> write, but i get an error if I go via squid that only read access is
> enabled. so how can I enable write access?

You can get rid of the error if your disable "FTP Folder View" in your IE
settings. But to my knowledge no versions of MSIE supports FTP file upload
via HTTP proxies. If you want this please request Microsoft to implement
the feature in their browser using the PUT HTTP method.