Re: [squid-users] incomplete page cached / delayed

From: Henrik Steffen <steffen@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2003 15:43:40 +0100

Hello Henrik,

thanks for your answer,

> Do you have any parent proxies? (normal or transparent)

no, there are no other proxies involved.

> Then for some reason Squid can not get a reply from this server. This will
> force a bypass any cached copies.

mh, from the squid access_log I can see, that squid performs a
TCP_HIT/200.

in my opinion, squid believes that the page IS cached, which it actually
IS at a certain rate (perhaps 50 %) ... but not the whole page.

The webserver is located at the same switch and can be reached perfectly
(see the quotation mark example)

from looking at the webserver logfile I can see, that squid does not
even try to contact the webserver for a refresh. this underlines my
idea, that squid believes it has got a "good copy" of the page.

> You can also use the PURGE method to completely remove any traces of this
> object from Squid, but it should not make any difference to the above.

I will have this PURGE method tested as soon as I encounter this
problem again... yet, I can't force this problem ....

BTW:
maybe "7.5 How can I purge an object from my cache? " in the faq should be
changed into "How can I delete an object from my cache?" ... I was always
googling for "deleting" not "purging" ...

kind regards,

henrik steffen