RE: [squid-users] Authentication TTL

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 01:09:57 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003, Duane Wessels wrote:

> I think this would have to be a new feature. We could probably
> hack Squid so that it send a "401 Unauthorized" response every so
> often.

Tried this and it does not work, at least not with MSIE. It simply retries
using the old login a couple of times before giving up, and also does the
same if the user cancels the login and tries again. This was seen with the
auth ip ttl parameter in it's unstrict mode.

Worked very well in Netscape however. Have not tried Mozilla.