Re: [squid-users] Squid on Fedora Core 1 !

From: Kinkie <kinkie-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 13:12:55 +0100

"Hamid Hashemi Golpayegani" <hamid@morva.net> writes:

> Hi ,
>
> I have compiled squid-2.5.STABLE4 on fedora core 1 with gcc version 3.3.2 with async-io. When I start the squid with this cache_dir line :
>

> cache_dir aufs /var/spool/squid 25000 58 256
>
> Everythings comes up . But a difference from older version of redhats
> exist . When I run "ps fax" only 1 proccess from squid comes up . But in
> older versions like redhat 7.3 about 16 proccess comes up ( one is parent
> and some other is child ) . But in fedora only 1 proccess comes up with
> async-io . Is there any problem or it is normal operation ?!

This is correct. NGPTL (Next Generation Posix Thread Library) has been
integrated into glibc as an update for Red Hat 9 and as a default for
Fedora Core 1. Among many improvements, there's the new ability to roll up
threads into the correct thread group (aka process). It's a feature, not a
bug.

--
	kinkie (kinkie-squid [at] kinkie [dot] it)
	Random fortune, unrelated to the message: