Re: [squid-users] Locked out of cachemgr

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 18:13:05 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003, Pete Davis wrote:

> I have been using squid for about 13 months+ with no problems
> (2.5.STABLE1-20021105). I tried to get into cachemgr and I only get
> "connect: (61) connection refused" (it says generated by cachemgr.cgi) .

Then you did not specify the correct server and/or port where cachemgr.cgi
should connect. This should be the same as your browsers are using for
talking to the proxy.

It may also be a firewall issue preventing cachemgr.cgi from talking to
the same.

> I have checked my firewall settings and port 80 to the server is
> allowed. Since it allows me to the cachemgr screen, I have ruled out a
> firewall problem.

This test does not rule out the firewall.

There is two traffic flows involved here

a) Browser <-> cachemgr.cgi on your web server on port 80

b) cachemgr.cgi on the web server <-> Squid on the proxy port

It is not a login problem.