RE: [squid-users] Squid on Fedora Core 1 !

From: Hamid Hashemi Golpayegani <hamid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2003 22:25:33 +0330

Actually I have run the squid with the stock pthread with kernel 2.4.18 and
redhat 7.3 for about 6 month and for my traffic ( in the peak time ) my cpu
idle usage was about 5% idle on a P4 2.4 with 1GB of DDR RAM . But when I
upgrade my machine to Fedora Core 1 with kernel 2.4.22 my cpu idle usage (
in the peak time ) is about 25% idle . In the first day I thought that there
is a problem ( cause I don't know about the new pthread and couldn't see the
async-io threads ) but from the users feedback I find out the there is a
large enhancement after this upgrade :) I am gonna to upgrade my kernel from
2.4 to 2.6 to see if there any enhancment also :) I will let the list to
know about this upgrade

---
   /  Seyyed Hamid Reza    /        WINDOWS FOR NOW  !!            /
  /  Hashemi Golpayegani  /  Linux for future , FreeBSD for ever  /
/  Network Administrator/ hamid@morva.net   ,   ICQ# : 42209876 /