Re: [squid-users] Squid 2.4STABLE4, MSNT Auth vs. Windows 2000 Server

From: Dave Augustus <davea@dont-contact.us>
Date: 22 Dec 2003 20:41:14 -0600

Hello,

I hope this helps.

I recently created a test configuration of W2K3 server, W2k client and
Squid2.4.Stable (using Kerberos 1.3.1 and Samba3 on RH9). This setup,
after tweaking, performed well.

To migrate to production, the only thing that I remember doing
differently was *Samba* related, not PDC (I have no access) nor W2000
client (the new environment consisted of over 200 clients including
Cytrix).

I changed the Security= in smb.conf to "domain".

When I added the RH9 box to the domain, I used "net rpc -U admin%pass"
where *admin* could add machines to the domain.

Another thing, your w2k server should operate in AD AND PDC mode so that
it accepts both ntlmv1 and ntlmv2.

If you put samba3 in the middle it should solve all the problems you
state.

--Dave