Re: [squid-users] About rotating logfile

From: aqil <aqil@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 11:27:47 +0700

Pada 23-Dec-2003, Henrik Nordstrom menulis:
> On Tue, 23 Dec 2003, aqil wrote:
>
> > In my crontab, I am rotating my logfile at each midnight. My question
> > is why does squid create 2 cache.log files each day. One of them is of big
> > size and the other is much smaller.
>
> cache.log should never be very large. What does your cache.log contain
> making it this huge?

One thing is sure that my sarg counts 400 users connected to squid per day...
How much large a daily access log should be for 400 users ?
What do you suggest to decrease the size of my access.log ?

How to make squid not to log certains field ?
I am hoping that even some fields are discarded in the log file,
separaters remains printed in the log file coze I don't want my sarg
to be confused by the missing fields

thanks
aqil