RE: [squid-users] Blocking Adult sites ( SOrry for the empty mail)

From: Chris Wilcox <not_rich_yet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 20:25:28 +0000

>From: "Walid Abd ElDayem" <kashraf@thewayout.net>
>To: <squid-users@squid-cache.org>
>Subject: [squid-users] Blocking Adult sites ( SOrry for the empty mail)
>Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 10:36:29 +0200
>
>Hi list,
>Sorry for the repeated subject.
>I have searched google and the list archive on this topic and all what i
>have got that this can be done either by blocking specific domains or by
>using regular expression ACL
>Now my question is:
>1- Is there any database for those sites that i can add on my access list
>( Either free or with fees)
>2- Is there anyone willing to share his reg list with me?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>Best Regards
>Kareem Mahgoub

Try the following sites for filtering for use with Squid:

http://www.squidguard.org
http://dansguardian.org

Things can be done directly with Squid ACLs but the above may be a more
flexible and often easier way of doing things.

hth

Regards,

nry

Send a funky MSN Messenger Christmas card http://www.msn.co.uk/christmascard