Re: [squid-users] http_access statement for reverse proxy configuration

From: Muthukumar <kmuthu_gct@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 17:21:19 +0530

> Is there anything else I need to get this one working? Currently, this is
> not working and I even see the internal IP of the "accelhost" appear on the
> lower left of the browser when trying to load the page!!

Well for Reverse proxy,
If a real web server is away from the Squid-proxy means use this,

http_port 80 # Port of Squid proxy
httpd_accel_host xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx # IP address of web server
httpd_accel_port 80 # Port of web server
httpd_accel_single_host on # Forward uncached requests to single host
httpd_accel_with_proxy on #httpd_accel_uses_host_header off

If a real webserver is running with Squid proxy on the same machine then,

http_port 80 # Port of Squid proxy
httpd_accel_host localhost # IP address of web server
httpd_accel_port 81 # Port of web server
httpd_accel_single_host on # Forward uncached requests to single host
httpd_accel_with_proxy on #httpd_accel_uses_host_header off

Web server daemon must be run other than port no 80 like 81 or something.

Regards,
Muthukumar.