Re: [squid-users] fetch speed

From: <>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 09:25:08 EST

In a message dated 12/30/03 6:55:52 AM Eastern Standard Time,

> Hi there. Can squid be configured to fetch remote resource at a speed
> not higher than the speed at which squid's client consumes the stream?
> I'm trying to use a traffic shaper (
> to cut down on bandwidth usage, but this only limits traffic between
> ip_relay and squid; squid still happily downloads at full speed.

Are you running the shaper on the same box? Our shaper is integrated in the
squid box ( and it slows the squid session proportionally. Its
also nice in that it doesnt slow traffic to the client if there is a cache hit,
so it only limits when internet bandwidth is used. If your shaper is external
it may not work the same way.