[squid-users] some sites with "?" return zero file error

From: David O <rdavido@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 21:50:25 +0000

All:

I have read through the FAQs and noted the Linux problem for Squid
pre-Stable4 with PIX and Linux, which is what this problem is. For
integration stability reasons we can't upgrade Squid Stable 1 to the current
version so I need to use a work-around. I just wanted to check to see if
this solution is the appropriate one.

We are having problems accessing specific sites with an "?", particularly
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?

We are using:
Linux 2.4 (Red Hat 7.3 equivalent)
Squid Stable1

Resolution tried:

I have added these no_cache directives but, as the errors below suggest, I
don't think it's being cached anyway. It certainly didn't fix the problem.

  acl DLLQUERY urlpath_regex dll \?
  no_cache deny DLLQUERY

  acl QUESTQUERY urlpath_regex \?
  no_cache deny QUESTQUERY

The URL comes back with different TCP_MISS codes, but always zero file size:
TCP_MISS/302 1801 GET http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?
TCP_MISS/503 1295 GET http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?

The next step I am thinking of using is setting
"server_persistent_connection off" . Is this an appropriate route? Or is
there a better solution?

Thanks and happy new year!
David O.

Enjoy a special introductory offer for dial-up Internet access — limited
time only! http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/dialup