Re: [squid-users] Slow Internet Access

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 11:30:11 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 Rajneel.Dhotre@iflexsolutions.com wrote:

> We have installed Squid Proxy in our Org. Two Proxy Server are installed
> at Cache_peers and we have selected round-robin. Few days back when we
> enabled proxy access to few users it was working fine, but now we have
> enabled for all users now it has become very slow.

Some details about your setup would be nice

a) How many concurrent users, or better yet how many Mbit/s of HTTP
traffic?

b) Some details on your proxy server

Also make sure to read the Squid FAQ on how much memory is required to run
Squid. This covers the most common error giving the above symptoms.