Re: [squid-users] Logging Question

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2004 23:20:53 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 BrianC8876@aol.com wrote:

> Perhaps if the Docs at squid-cache.org were updated someone running 2.4 like
> myself have some chance of finding it. Obviously if I had that squid.conf I
> wouldnt be asking the question.

The Squid-2.4 configuration guide is what it claims to be. A configuration
guide to Squid-2.4, nothing more. This guide is kindly published by
Visolve, not the Squid-cache team. It is not in our reach to update this
guide.

The authorative configuration reference guide by the Squid-cache team is
the squid.conf.default installed when you install Squid, and when this is
not sufficient to explain things we try to have additional information in
the Squid FAQ.

> > It seems the real answer to my simple question was:
>
> "You can set the log files to "none" in 2.5, but you can't do it in 2.4". But
> I guess that would have been way too easy?

In my answers I assumed you are using a supported and maintained version
of Squid (i.e. 2.5). I can not recall you ever mentioned anything else.
Sorry.

If you had asked how to disable the logs in 2.4 my answer would had been
upgrade to 2.5.