[squid-users] DNS + parent + redirect

From: Elton S. Fenner <efenner@dont-contact.us>
Date: 05 Jan 2004 12:59:46 -0200

Hi All

First I want to thank you. With your help I put a Squid box working just
fine.

But i'm missing something.

Let me tell you what's going on.

I put SquidGuard with squid. SquidGuard is blocking some sites and
replacing some banners, I tell squiGuard to redirect to
http://myintranet/proxy.htm and http://myintranet/banner.htm
respectivelly.

Squid gets to internet via a parent proxy.

When squidGuard should replace some banner or display the advise page
(proxy.htm) i get an DNS error page from parent proxy.

The parent proxy does not know my local addresses.

I think the parent proxy is trying to resolv DNS names, but my squid box
should not do this?

There is something i can do to say to my squid box solve my local
adresses?
This should not be the default behavior?
Why the parent proxy returns the DNS error while my proxy knows the
address?

Thanks again.

Elton S. Fenner
Administrador de Redes