Re: [squid-users] no logs for me

From: Payal Rathod <payal-squid@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 04:54:45 +0000

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 04:48:14AM +0100, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> On Tue, 6 Jan 2004, Payal Rathod wrote:
>
> > I will be on vacation for a while later this month and so do not need
> > any logs on my machine for squid. How do I disable logging? I am using,
> > Squid Cache: Version 2.5.STABLE3
>
> See the cache_access_log and store_log directives. This was also discusses
> a few days ago.
>
> But seriously I recommend to just make sure log rotation is set up
> correctly to automatically throw away/archive old logs.

Actually one more reason why I don't want logs is that the harddisk on which
squid is installed is quite old and I don't want it to fail while I
away, so I am reducing all logging which is not of critical importance
like dns, http's access logs etc. Also, some viruses fill up squid's
access.log and fill the partition and squid stops and my users cannot
manage this when I am away.

With warm regards,
-Payal

--
For GNU/Linux Success Stories and Articles visit:
          http://payal.staticky.com