[squid-users] Squid for different platforms

From: joshua cheung <joshuac1@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 13:31:59 +0800

Dear Sir,

I would like to share some experience and seeking your help.

I installed the Squid-2.4Stable7 in both LINUX platform (Red Hat 7.2 + Intel
P200MMX) and UNIX platform (Solaris 8 + UltraSPARC-IIe 648MHz). I found that
the response time of UNIX platform is much longer than LINUX platform with
the exactly same configuration (squid.conf and mime.conf) as the hardware
configuration of UNIX platform is much powerful than the LINUX platform. I
just wondering whether there are some difference strange configuration need
to be modified in order to speed up the response time of the UNIX platform?

Also, I found that the performance of download wave files from UNIX platform
is much slower than that from LINUX platform. Do you have any idea about
this?

Thanks for your attention.

BR, Joshua

No masks required! Use MSN Messenger to chat with friends and family.
http://go.msnserver.com/HK/25382.asp