Re: [squid-users] Messenger & NTLM authentication

From: Antonio Manfreda <antonio.manfreda1@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 15:41:50 +0100

Most likely the Messenger version you are usi
g does not support NTLM
authentication to HTTP proxies.

Try makeing sure Basic authentication is enabled as well in your squid
configuration.

###

I'm using Microsoft Messenger 6.1 (latest version).

Unfortunately, I can't use basic authentication because my organization
security policy does not allow password to be transmitted over the network
in clear text.