[squid-users] Running, but not caching

From: Ken <ken@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 20:40:30 +0100 (CET)

Hello!

I began using Squid this morning, as a front-end for Zope (with virtual hosting). It works, but everything is not quite right..

Basically, caching is not happening. Squid is serving pages, but each request is served to Squid by Zope, not from the cache.

A multitude of directories and subdirectories has been created under /usr/local/squid/cache, and there are a total of 7 files in directory 00/00. During this time, Zope served about 8000 pages to Squid.

Apart from setting 'minimum_object_size' to '4 KB' I don't see what I have done or changed to cause this problem.

There are some other things happening that I don't understand, but I'll save those for later...

Can someone help me to unravel this mystery?

TIA,

Ken