Re: [squid-users] Problem with Transparent Proxy using Squid and IPTables on 2.6 kernel

From: Peter Schobel <pschobel@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 17:50:40 -0500

For some reason DNAT does not seem to work either - I also tried to use
the transproxy daemon and that didn't seem to work either - this
problem is really stumping me

Peter
~

On Wednesday, January 7, 2004, at 04:11 PM, Henrik Nordstrom wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Peter Schobel wrote:
>
>> iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT
>> --to-port 3128
>
> As an experiment you can try using the DNAT target instead of REDIRECT.
>
> The iptables REDIRECT target has a nasty habit of getting broken from
> time
> to time.
>
> Regards
> Henrik

Peter Schobel
Network Administrator
Porchlight.ca
Unlimited Internet
In a world without walls or fences
We will have no need for gates or windows