[squid-users] help with access lists

From: Dan Brita <Britad@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 07:58:06 -0500

I am having a hell of a time getting squid to let me browse the internet from client machines. Every time I try to access the internet I get this error.
While trying to retrieve the URL: http://www.yahoo.com/

The following error was encountered:

Access Denied.
Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.

Your cache administrator is webmaster.

I realize that this has to do with the access lists. I think I have them setup correctly. Here is a look at them.
acl our_networks src 192.168.1.1-192.168.1.50/24

http_access allow manager localhost
http_access deny manager
http_access deny !Safe_ports
http_access deny CONNECT !SSL_ports
http_access deny to_localhost

I hope someone can tell me where I am going wrong.
http_access allow our_networks
http_access allow MYLAN
http_access deny all