[Fwd: Re: [squid-users] Squid with ESI + Tomcat]

From: Konrad <conradh@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 15:37:27 +0100

Dnia 2004-01-08 14:50, Użytkownik Henrik Nordstrom napisał:

> On Thu, 8 Jan 2004, Konrad wrote:
>

>>Hi all
>>
>>I'm trying to use squid as a reverse proxy in front of Tomcat and to make things
>>more complicated squid is compiled with ESI enabled :-)
>>I've allready convinced squid-tomcat dou to process basic esi example but squid
>>doesn't cache anything. I suspect that it's because of http headers that Tomcat
>>by default adds to each response. I tried similar configuration with Apache and
>>everything works promising ;-)
>>
>>Any sugestions what I'm doing wrong ?
>>
>>This is from Tomcat:
>>HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>>Pragma: No-cache
>>Cache-Control: no-cache
>>Expires: Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT
>

> The above three headers is pretty strict to not cache..
I tried to change values of this headers
Pragam: <something stupid> ;-)
Cache-Control: Public
Expires: "light years in future"
but it doesn't help, I know that the best solution would be to remove these
headers .. but I don't how to do it in Tomcat ;-)

So are thery any "neutral" values for this headers ?

>>Surrogate-Control: max-age=600, content="ESI/1.0"
>

> But on the other hand the surrogate-control max-age should override this I
> think.. but probably it does not, or at least not all of them..

Regards
Konrad

--
Pozdrawiam