[squid-users] Caching pdf files

From: Hassan El Manfalouty <hassan.elmanfalouty@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 13:40:41 +0100

Hi all,

I am using Squid (ver. 2.4.6-2 on debian) as http accelerator.

When I view the pdf files using IE 5.5 or higher with Acrobat reader
plug-in, the pdf file will not be loaded from cache (actually it will be
released first) and will be loaded directly from the source web server.

But when I use the browser without Acrobat reader plug-in , it will
display a download dialog, the file will be loaded from cache (if it is
already there) and acrobat reader opens / displays the content.

I have also tried to use(range_offset_limit) to avoid the partially
download of the pdf file without success.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Hassan