Re: [squid-users] Squid + MRTG problem getting cacheUptime

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2004 00:45:54 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004, jose b. chua wrote:

> I looked at the MIB supplied with Squid and cacheUptime is defined as
> returning "timeticks." I'm not sure if this disagrees with what
> Squid-2.5STABLE4 is actually returning or if there is some other error. Any
> assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Squid is returning "timeticks", or to be precise the number of
1/100 seconds since statup as a 32 bit integer.

Most likely your version of MRTG or the SNMP libraries it may rely upon
outsmarts itself and converts "timeticks" into a human readable timestamp
while accessing the value, thus making it impossible for itself to make
anything useful with the value.

But then I am not sure why one would like to MRTG cacheUptime.