[squid-users] Multiple NT domains, Kerberos 5, ADS

From: Robert Gabriel <robertg@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 18:27:06 +0200

Hello all,

I have looked everywhere, the archives, FAQs, man pages, squid.conf
etc. I must be missing something. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP!

We have at our client, Linux with Kerberos 5 setup to authenticate users
wishing to use Squid via Active Directory Services on NT. The NT system
is the KDC.

With a single domain this works great, but we need to have two other
domains authenticated. The PDCs for these domains are remotely accessed,
this we can get working from Linux via command line.

Problem is: can we get Squid to handle user@domain, user\domain or
something similar for proxy authentication from Internet Explorer?

We have in squid.conf:

authenticate_program /usr/lib/squid/pam_auth

acl authenticated proxy_auth REQUIRED

http_access allow internalhosts authenticated

and in /etc/pam.d/squid:

auth required /lib/security/pam_krb5.so try_first_pass debug
no_user_check

account required /lib/security/pam_permit.so

I've looked at external_acl_type but I'm probably horribly lost...

--
Robert Gabriel, Tangent Systems <robertg@tangent.co.za>
   ADA8 906F FFA6 B513 C179  FFAB 373B 3BF3 144A 60A