Re: Rif: Re: [squid-users] Digest Authentication

From: Robert Collins <robertc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:42:04 +1100

On Thu, 2004-01-15 at 10:35, Antonio Manfreda wrote:
> Thank you very much for the clue.
> How can I turn on auth debugging in squid and what file does it use for
> logging?
>
> Anyway, I don't understand why, following RFC specs, I cant build the digest
> created by the client (after all it is a client side calculation). Is there
> some base64 encoding I am missing?

I'm not too interested in double checking your code - you have two
implementations (squids and henrik's perl script) that you can cross
reference.

Squid is known to work correctly with mozilla and ie, so I'm fairly sure
we've got it right :}.

set debug_options = ALL,1 29,5 in squid.conf to get debug details.

Rob