Re: [squid-users] ACL req_mime_type not working

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 18:09:07 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004, Nilesh wrote:

> Im very frusted here my user still can download mp3
> and avi files im not able to block i have switched to
> 2.4 to 2.5 but bad luck for me
> the rep_mime_type ACL not working i have read the all
> docs search on google not found sloution

> acl download req_mime_type -i ^mp3/avi/wma$

1. What you want is rep_mime_type, not req_mime_type.

2. The above is not a valid mime type. I think you are confusing mime
types and file extensions. MIME types define the type of the returned
content and is often (but not neccesarily) derived from the file
extension.

The mime type of the response is logged in access.log in the mime type
column.

In addition, the above is not a valid regex unless your intention is to
match the literal string "mp3/avi/wma" (which I doubt).

One example catching some of what you are looking for is

acl download rep_mime_type ^video/ ^audio/