Re: [squid-users] Authentication

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 23:58:35 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 trainier@kalsec.com wrote:

> Would the smb/winbind helper be able to do what I'm asking?

No.

> Or. Could you give me a little guidance on "writing a small helper that
> tells squid the password is expired".
> I don't have much of an idea on what that means. ;-)

See the external_acl_type directive for information on what Suqid expects.

You need a program that when queried on a username returns OK/ERR
indicating if this user is allowed or not.

How this program determines if the user is allowed or not is up to you,
but in this case it should check if the account have expired. If not
expired the result should be OK, else ERR.