Re: [squid-users] Squid redirect problem

From: Deepa D <deepndharma@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2004 07:19:12 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,
   Thanks for the response.
   The problem with your solution is - I get warning
messages that the redirectors are crashing and the
helperOpenServers restarts an equal number again.But
after sometime squid just stops with a fatal error
message.
   Any other solution please!

   Regards,
    Deepa

--- Kinkie <kinkie-squid@kinkie.it> wrote: > Deepa D
<deepndharma@yahoo.co.in> writes:

> > Hi,
> > Squid is not closing the redirect children when
> it
> > is shutdown.Why is it so? Do I have to incorporate
> > some code in the redirector program for this?
>
> [...]
>
> The redirectors should suicide when they receive EOF
> on stdin.
>
> In PERL code:
>
> #!/usr/bin/perl
> &init();
> while (<>) {
> &do_work($_);
> }
> exit(0);
>

> --
> kinkie (kinkie-squid [at] kinkie [dot] it)
> Random fortune, unrelated to the message:
> Why are you doing this to me?
> Because knowledge is torture, and there must be
> awareness before
> there is change.
> -- Jim Starlin, "Captain Marvel", #29

Yahoo! India Mobile: Download the latest polyphonic ringtones.
Go to http://in.mobile.yahoo.com