[squid-users] ACL Hostname Binding Question

From: John Wever <jwever@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:02:43 +0000

I have a question about how the ACL list works. I was testing the ability to use a dynamic IP by using a service like dyndns.org. So I setup my squid.conf to include "acl name src hostname.dyndns.org". I restart squid and everything works. However, if I change my IP so that hostname.dyndns.org now points to something different than when I restarted squid, squid no longer recognizes me.

Am I right in assuming that squid simply binds the IP associated with that hostname at the time squid is restarted?

I also tried to use srcdomain, but this does not work since squid uses the return-address record. Is there anything I can do to make this work like I am wanting?

JWever