[squid-users] SSL Error: clientNegotiateSSL: Error negotiating SSL connection on...

From: Rami Jaamour <rjaamour@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 09:45:46 -0800

Hello,

I was trying to get my 2.5 STABLE4 (sep. 15) to do SSL. I compiled
Squid with SSL and created a self signed certificate with a key (I think
successfully) and managed to have HTTPS up on a port in addition to the
regular HTTP, to create a testing environment a web services tool.
 However, now I'm getting the error message:

clientNegotiateSSL: Error negotiating SSL connection on FD 20:
error:1407609B:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_CLIENT_HELLO:https proxy request

whenever a client attempts to do SSL. I googled this around the web and
a couple of people posted this issue here but I found no answers or
clear replies to their questions.. Could you help please?

My squid.conf is:
http_port 3128
https_port 3129 cert=/usr/local/squid_ssl/ssl/server.pem

Thank you,

--
Rami Jaamour
Software Engineer