Re: [squid-users] MySql Authorization

From: Hegedüs Ervin <airween@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 12:41:09 +0100

Hello,

> I would like to know if exist some kind of external helper to authorize
> users authenticated with another method.
>
> I'm already using Netbios authentication but instead of the group helper
> i would prefer to create an ACL based on a mysql table.

http://freshmeat.net/projects/mysql_auth/?topic_id=148

official site:
http://people.fsn.hu/~airween/mysql_auth/index.html

and undocumented beta version:
http://people.fsn.hu/~airween/mysql_auth_beta/index.html

the last one is better choice for newest MySQL versions. it uses
mysql_real_connect(), not older mysql_connect().

The program has GPL license, you may rewrite it for your idea.

Important: it is not _external_helper_, it is just a simple
basic helper.

If you have any question, please drop an email to own list, or
direct to me.

Bye:
air