RE: [squid-users] Active feeding of Squid?

From: Chris Wilcox <not_rich_yet@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 10:53:09 +0000

eceive an 8mbit downstream via satellite broadcast. 200kbit belong to
>me and my modem uplink, the rest belongs to other users, but isn't
>encrypted. )
>
>is there a way to feed squid with pure server-to-client downstream without
>using it as proxy for this purpose? can i somehow let squid passively
>monitor a passing by ip datastream so fill the cache with it, to the
>benefit
>of the squid proxy clients? can i somehow "pump" the data into squid
>without
>ever having requested it? or is there a tool that works together with squid
>that does just that?
>
>thx,
>
>thomas hoeppler

Only thing I can think of is if you schedule some cron jobs to use 'wget'
and make wget go through your cache. This will allow you to 'pre-cache'
websites etc, though obviously this will only let you pre-cache ones of your
choice.

hth

nry

http://www.msn.co.uk/messenger