[squid-users] acl and upstream proxy, X-Forwarded-For header

From: Florian Effenberger <floeff@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 23:12:42 +0100

Hi there,

I currently experiment with a three-proxy-environment. I would love to stay
with one proxy, but our current demands require it that we use three
proxies.

When using ACLs that set access controls on an IP basis - which IP counts?
The one from the querying host (in this case another proxy that queries
Squid) or is the X-Forwarded-For header used?

My problem is that I fear that cannot use any ACLs if Squid is not the first
proxy in the row, but the second one.

Thanks
Florian