[squid-users] HTTPS questions

From: Loc Nguyen <locness_8705@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 12:23:14 -0800 (PST)

Hi everyone,

I have few questions, I hope that you can help:

I want to setup a HTTPS accelerator using squid. The
environment is:
  Client -> HTTPS -> Squid accelerator -> HTTPS
webserver

I am using squid version 2.5. I configure the squid
with the Openssl certificate. The squid accelerator
fails. It seems to me that squid accelerator use HTTP
to connect to the webserver instead of HTTPS.
My questions are:
 1) Does anyone setup this type of HTTPS accelerator ?
I search on Goole and there is a document mentioning
that I need to download a patch to support this HTTPS
accelerator but I can't find this patch at
squid-cache.org download site. Can you point me to
where I can download this patch ?
 2) Any one has a complete list of https_port option ?
I can't find any document explaining how to setup
https_port.
 3) Did anyone setup squid as the HTTPS accelerator
for HTTPS Outlook Web Access? Please point me to any
document shows how to configure the squid.conf to
support HTTPS OWA.
 4) At this time, I use openssl to generate certiciate
for the HTTPS website. I would like to use the
commercial certificate (ie. Verisign, etc..) so my
customer doesn't have to call me about the "can not
verify"
certificate windows problem. I know how to generate
key-pair and submit a certificate request with
Verisign. I just need to know what format do I need to
request from Verisign for the certificate so the
certificate will work with Squid. I am appreciate any
advices and comments about this.

Thanks in advance.

Loc Nguyen