[squid-users] Access List Issues

From: Chris Curtis <ccurtis@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 11:30:04 -0800

Hello everyone. I have squid 2.4 setup at a local hospital. It uses
proxy authentication and dansgaurdian or content management. It's
running on a Duron 850 w/512MB RAM. In general it runs very well, and
it was my first (and biggest) squid install. I found the docs on the
squid website and some other links assisted in getting it going. The
internal net is a 192.168.1.X, and all workstations go through it (IE
transparent proxy).

I do have one (simple, I know) issue I have not been able to solve. I
have searched some of the archives and still am not getting my head
around the solution.

I have one machine (192.168.1.10) that needs to access the net with a
program (credit card auth app) that has no way to get through the
proxy.

I tried to use ARP and a access list to allow the MAC of the machine,
but ARP is not compiled into my box. I'm not a Linux guru, and have not
spent the time needed to feel comfortable doing a recompile (on a
production boxen).

Does anyone know of a Access List Rule to allow one IP to bypass the
proxy auth and allow this PC to communicate.

Thanks to anyone who can offer assistance.

Chris Curtis