[squid-users] Help required on Transparent Proxy.

From: rajan b <rajan604@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 14:41:03 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,
I am configuring Transparent proxy using Squid Version
2.4. My forward proxy setup is working fine on port
3128.

In order to configure it as Transparent Proxy, i added
the following iptable configuration command,

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth1 -p tcp --dport
80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 3128
(eth1 is private interface)

Now the client browser throws up the following error
page,
ERROR
While trying to retrieve the URL: :/

The following error was encountered:

Invalid URL
Some aspect of the requested URL is incorrect.
Possible problems:

Missing or incorrect access protocol (should be
`http://'' or similar)
Missing hostname
Illegal double-escape in the URL-Path
Illegal character in hostname; underscores are not
allowed

I have referred the FAQ section on SQUID but not able
to get a solution.
I have changed in squid.conf file,
ie_refresh on, but still it does not work.

Can any one please let me know how to configure it
properly.

Thanks,
Rajan.

Yahoo! India Mobile: Download the latest polyphonic ringtones.
Go to http://in.mobile.yahoo.com