Re: [squid-users] Startup script: execvp: No such file or directory

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:18:31 +0100 (CET)

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, MarceloK wrote:

> Hail everyone
>
> I'm using Red Hat 8 and Squid 2.5Stable3
> I've experienced a problem with startup script for squid. When I use the command
>
> service squid start I get
>
> env: /etc/init.d/squid: No such file or directory

You don't have a /etc/init.d/squid rc file, expected by the RedHat service
command. Or there is some problem with the #! line at the top of the
script..

> : bad interpreter: No such file or directory

This indicates the problem is likely the #! line.

Verify that the file is using UNIX lineendings and does not have any odd
characters at the end of the line.