Fwd: [squid-users] Newbie question about the sockets opened by squid

From: <mortbox@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 20:50:27 -0500

i've asked to be removed countless times. here's another message that
i didn't want. it's really not that hard to remove somebody is it...

This is a forwarded message
From: Arjan Knepper <arjan.knepper@hacousto.com>
To: squid-users@squid-cache.org
Date: Thursday, January 29, 2004, 10:53:55 AM
Subject: [squid-users] Newbie question about the sockets opened by squid

I see squid opens 4 sockets for listening 3 of them I understand the 4th
not.

1. http_port (8080 in my case)
2. icp_port (3130)
3. snmp_port (3401)
4.?? changes after every restart of the squid deamon.

What is the use of this 4th port?

Is it possible to disable the icp and snmp and the unknown port?

Thanks,
Arjan

Best regards,
 mortbox                            mailto:mortbox@gamebox.net