Fwd: [squid-users] Setting up req_mime_type ACLs

From: <mortbox@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 20:49:12 -0500

i've asked to be removed countless times. here's another message that
i didn't want. it's really not that hard to remove somebody is it...

This is a forwarded message
From: Stephen J. McCracken <smccrack@hcjb.org.ec>
To: David Landgren <david@landgren.net>
Date: Tuesday, January 27, 2004, 12:34:44 PM
Subject: [squid-users] Setting up req_mime_type ACLs

David Landgren wrote:

> What with the recent spate of virus attacks, I figured it was time to
> investigate blocking web downloads of dangerous MIME types.
[snip]
> acl mime_banned req_mime_type /application\.x-director/

according to squid.conf.default:
# acl aclname req_mime_type mime-type1 ...
# # regex match agains the mime type of the request generated
# # by the client. Can be used to detect file upload or some
# # types HTTP tunelling requests.
# # NOTE: This does NOT match the reply. You cannot use this
# # to match the returned file type.
#
# acl aclname rep_mime_type mime-type1 ...
# # regex match against the mime type of the reply recieved by
# # squid. Can be used to detect file download or some
# # types HTTP tunelling requests.
# # NOTE: This has no effect in http_access rules. It only has
# # effect in rules that affect the reply data stream such as
# # http_reply_access.

Best regards,
 mortbox                            mailto:mortbox@gamebox.net